TUESDAY NIGHT FICTION! SUBMIT YOUR STUFFS!!!
Please read everything below.
What do we accept?
- I accept fiction stories between 100–1500 words.
- The genre doesn’t matter. It must have a beginning, a middle, and an end, though.
- Do not submit excerpts from your latest novel—or even short stories. I want a complete one-shot.
- This isn’t for non-fiction or personal memoirs—but if you can make it fiction and interesting? Let’s see what ya got.
- I do not accept poetry. I like poetry. Some of it is epic. That epicness will be elsewhere, though.
- Children’s fiction. Just don’t. This is an R-rated page. I say terrible shit all the time. Don’t.
- Adult themes including sex, violence, and even politics are encouraged. This does not mean I want to see Penthouse Forums playing out before my eyes. Have some fucking dignity, man.
- Do not submit stories depicting living public figures as main or secondary characters, fan-fiction involving proprietary characters, and song lyrics (that’s poetry and you obviously didn’t read that rule.) Passing references to all of these are fine.
- Feel free to submit something that has been printed elsewhere as long as your have the publishing rights.
What do we pay?
- I’m a poor ass, suffering artist, just like you. I don’t pay shit. I also don’t keep the rights to your story or tell you what you can do with it. NOTE: Even if you don’t get paid for it, submitting for publication on my site means that the story is officially published. You should keep that in mind if you want to submit it to another publishing organization of some sort. They will probably not publish something that’s already been out there. Fair warning.
Do I retain my rights?
- You retain all rights to your work. However, I kindly ask that if you publish your story online, including your own website, that you provide a link back to the original publication site (joeforrest.com). I pay you in whatever exposure I bring you and you do the same for me. It’s a very socialist form of marketing. Think of it as an investment.
- I edit for formatting, spelling, and punctuation to meet my style guidelines. Any substantial edits (such as content) will be submitted to the author for approval and resubmission.
- Please submit one work at a time. Do not resubmit a declined story unless asked.
Wanna submit a blog post?
There are submission rules for that, too:
- Blog posts should be between 300 – 2000 words. (The shorter side is better. They tend to get more traffic.)
- Your bio should only contain 1 or 2 links – either to your website, social media handle, or blog.
- A blog post should contain a minimum of 4 links – I don’t have a maximum number of links that should be in a post, but I do have a minimum. People have written blog posts on almost every topic out there, so instead of regurgitating the same old information, link out to the sites that have already covered it.
- Don’t be boring.
- Don’t be cliché.
- Make sure the topic and content, including links, is relevant to the blog.
- I own the blog post, content and all, once it’s published. If you want to link to the blog post from your site, that’s cool. If you don’t like that, don’t submit.
Want to submit a blog or website for the blogroll?
Just send the info and a little about your site and I’ll check it out and see if it fits.
All submissions must contain the following information:
- Post Title
- Author Name
- Author Email
- Author URL if applicable
- Content must be within submission form. Do not send links or attachments.