The Official Online Resume of Joe Forrest
WordPress Smarty Pants, Hosting Pro, Writer, Destroyer of Universes
Who am I?
From a very early age, I knew I wanted to create worlds where other characters lived. I've been writing fiction for as long as I can remember in some fashion or another.
I know hosting. Whether you're on a shared server or a VPS, I can help you out. Love Linux, dislike Windows, know both.
Creating something new...
If your goal is to do the same old thing everyone else does, I'm probably not the right person for your organization. If you want to change the way the universe operates for people, I'm your guy.
A2 Hosting - L1 Linux Support (Current)
- Responsible for the mitigation of all support requests via chat, email, and telephone.
- Follows support policies and procedures as set by management.
- Meets with management concerning company agendas.
- Resolves support requests within service level agreement (SLA).
- Resolves TOS requests within service level agreement (SLA).
- Works with managers and support leads to identify and correct areas of improvement within support.
- Responds to and resolves requests as per special instructions and modus operandi.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Responds to and posts to community forums as needed.
- Assists with emergency mitigation and response by proper escalation and taking all appropriate action.
- Assists with system and network project implementation.
Content Writer / WordPress Site Development (Current)
- Excellent copywriting and proofing skills
- Compelling storytelling ability
- Engaging headline writing
- Proficient in MS Office and WordPress
- Provides fresh, new perspectives on lifestyle and culture for the modern 21st-century male.
- Prolific writer; can produce up to three 250-1,500 word op-ed articles daily.
- Web hosting guru with a specialty in Linux servers
- 10 years experience in WordPress Site design and deployment
- Expert in website security and hardening WordPress core installation
- Proficient with cPanel/Managed WordPress based Linux hosting environments
- Branding for SEO/Reputation
GoDaddy Hosting Support (Former)
- Handles inbound hosting contact from customers (phone, email, live chat)
- An expert on internet technologies
- Supports thousands of small business ventures on a global scale
- Business solution consultations. Recommends and enables the right online product and service strategies to help customers with their business or personal needs
- Understands market needs and delivers appropriate products and services
- Delivers excellent customer service while troubleshooting a technical support call
- Owns the customer problem or issue to solve and educate
Versed Linux (cPanel) and Windows (Plesk) hosting platforms, as well as several popular Content Management Systems, like WordPress.
- Versed in SEO management and Search Engine Visibility.
- Versed in security solutions publicly accessed web pages.
- Excellent computer skills specifically using a CRM database system
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with various levels of the organization is required to research customer issues as described
- Strong and accurate data entry skills
Weston Solutions - Project Coordinator (Former)
- Responsible for the subcontractor administration activities throughout the life cycle of each assigned project; performs audits on construction project processes.
- Maintain familiarity with principals of subcontract administration with regard to Federal Acquisition Regulations and contractual requirements.
- Perform Construction Project Coordination process audits. Perform Project Coordinator duties to support Project Management Teams by:
- Assisting in preparation of subcontractor Requests For Proposal
- Assisting in identifying subcontractors and vendors
- Assisting Project Managers in subcontractor buy-down efforts
- Assisting in preparation of pre-construction submittal documents (e.g., Construction Quality Plan, Site-Specific Health & Safety Plan)
- Assisting in coordinating project site preparation services.
- Developing Project Welcome Books
- Monitoring timeliness of submittal receipt and approval, reviewing submittals for accuracy and completeness, notifying Project Manager of issues.
- Obtaining and processing certified payroll documentation.
- Obtaining and reconciling daily manpower reports.
- Issuing certified payrolls through Project Managers to contracting officers
- Developing insurance tracking sheets, monitoring subcontractor certificates of insurance.
- Developing and maintaining Request For Information Logs.
- Assisting in development of close-out checklists.
- Reviewing and processing subcontractor invoices, to include obtaining partial release of lien for each.
- Establishing and maintaining subcontractor / vendor log of account balances.
- Coordinating subcontractor change orders.
- Maintaining change order logs.
- Updating purchase requests for change orders or new subcontracts / purchase orders.
- Assigned to provide construction project coordination functions, per Project Manager requirements for up to five projects concurrently, with occasion supervision from a Senior Construction Project Coordinator.
Pond & Company - Project Coordinator (Former)
- Develops, submits, and tracks routine and emergency work orders for approval and repairs at client designated sites.
- Ensures Service Order submittals are completed and maintained with the contract agreed upon Firm Fixed Price.
- Coordinate approvals and signatures among the Director of Construction, Quality Assurance Engineers, our client and the Project Manager.
- Works with Construction Management to procure, prepare, process and submit for approval Purchase Orders, Work Orders, and Subcontracts.
- Coordinate with new vendors and subcontractors the development of Vendor Information Sheets.
- Submit Requests for Purchase Orders for all Material, Work Orders, Professional Services Agreements and Subcontracts to Project Administrator for review and issue of formal Purchase Order.
- Receive, review, process and submit for approval to Construction Management all invoices associated with Pond Constructors.
- Calculate Net, Retention and Gross dollar amount associated with the subcontractor’s applications for payment.
- Submit all invoices to the Project Administrator.
- Assist Senior Project Coordinator with gathering financial information for end of month reporting.
- Prepare manual invoices with back-up for Construction projects.
- Attend meetings as required and assist with contractual and financial assistance.
- Interface with vendors and subcontractors relating to contractual, invoice, and other miscellaneous items.
- Develops and maintains positive client relationships to foster repeat business.
- Updates and maintains body of knowledge related to training, degree or job responsibilities.
- Completes assigned work on time and within budget.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
Pond & Company - Recurring Maintenance Analyst (Former)
- Examines and evaluates purpose and content of business reports to develop new, or improve existing format, use and control: reviews reports to determine basic characteristics, such as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution and purpose or function of report.
- Confers with persons originating, handling, processing or receiving reports to identify problems and to gather suggestions for improvements.
- Evaluates findings, using knowledge of workflow, operating practices, records retention schedules and office equipment layout.
- Recommends establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information.
- Prepares and issues instructions concerning generation, completion and distribution of reports according to new or revised practices or policies of reports management.
- Utilizes advanced word processing skills using MS Office and other software packages as needed.
- Assembles projects and technical documents as directed by Directors, Project Managers and Engineers/Architects.
- Assists with the coordination of the administrative support required for overall project production.
- Assists support staff with support and training needs to complete overall project production.
- Develops and maintains strong external/internal client relationships.
- Assists Project Managers in project close-out.
- Tracks multiple Maintenance Activities projects simultaneously.
- Participates in project kick off meetings and makes recommendations for tracking Maintenance Activities.
- Liaison among Project Managers, Program Managers, Clients, Subcontractors and submittal reviewers.
United States Air Force (Former)
- 7.5 years of supervisory experience
- 4 deployments in Southwest Asia
- Stationed primarily in Japan
- Responsible for the training of 1,000's of Airmen
- Decorated Veteran
- Fuels Distribution/Storage
- Trained and ensured mobility readiness of 117 USAF personnel.
- Maintained annual fiscal account and provides buget analysis expertise for procurement of materials for USAF use.
- Security Manager; verified security clearances for over 400 personnel and maintaining security protocols for classified materials.
- Developed training plans and operation instructions pertaining to all fuel handling elements.
- Equipment custodian for War Reserve equipment valued at over $10 million dollars.
- Developed training program tracker for personnel use that resulted in an overall 98% mission readiness and deployment availability rate.
- Oversaw Career Development Course program; responsible for skill grade increases for 50+ personnel.
- Processed and deployed 60+ personnel to locations such as Iraq, Afghanistan and various other locations in the Southwest Asian region.
- Conducted and maintained records on Tank Custodian training for 340 organizational tanks for the entire island of Okinawa, Japan.